The Fender Standard Stratocaster has earned the title "Standard" by being exactly that; the standard to which all other guitars are held and measured by. Whereas the 2009 Standard Stratocaster has received some aesthetic tweaks, adding subtle contemporary stylings to the instrument such as a tinted maple neck, "throwback" logo and 3-ply parchment pickguard - the heart and soul of the Stratocaster burns with the same fire it has for over 50 years.
Famous for it's ability to cut through a live mix, the Fender Standard Stratocaster features three ceramic single coil pickups, configurable with a 5-way selecter blade. The comfortable "C" shaped maple neck is tinted with a satin urethane finish, exuding classic vibes at first glance. Each Standard Strat color option is available with your choice of an all maple neck or maple with a rosewood fingerboard.
Some say the Fender Strat helped to create rock n' roll. One thing is for certain, it sure knows how to!
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Finish: Polyester
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "C" shape
- Body Wood: Alder
- Machine Heads: Fender/Ping standard
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- No. of Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Position Markers: Dot
- Pickups: Three standard Strat single-coil pickups
- Controls: Master volume, two tone
- Pickup Switching: Five-position blade
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Vintage style tremolo with high mass bridge block
- Hardware: Chrome