CAD Audio D81 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone
- Brand: CAD Audio
- SKU: D81
Discontinued (Hide From Search)
CAD D81 is a superior dynamic cardioid microphone design for professional vocalist and musicians. The CAD D81 provides the performance and features to satisfy today's most demanding professionals.
The wide and flat response of the CAD D81 provides unsurpassed natural transparent sound quality. The cardioid pickup pattern minimizes annoying feedback when used close to sound reinforcement speakers in monitors and reduces the pickup of unwanted off-axis sounds. And effective internal multi-stage pop filter minimizes wind in breath noise.
The CAD D81s most Innovative design feature is the exclusive I.N.R. (impact noise rejection system). The proprietary rubber shock mount isolates the transducer from the barrel, thus dramatically reducing cable, stand, and handling noise. The need for any external shock mounting device is virtually eliminated.
The low-frequency response of the CAD D81 may be enhanced by increasing or decreasing the distance from the sound source. The phenomenon is technically known as "proximity effect". Nominal or "flat" response is generated as a distance of 24 inchs or more. However, as the distance to the Sound Source decreases the bass sensitivity increases, providing a solid, robust character.
The CAD D81 has a flex-form hardened steel grill screen that dramatically resist deformation while greatly reducing any risk of adverse performance caused by a bent or dented ball screen. This unique ability to retain its original shape assures that the CAD D81 will maintain its attractive appearance.
- Generating Element: Moving Coil Dynamic
- Polar Patern: Unidirectional (Cardioid)
- Frequency Responce: 50Hz - 16kHz
- Output Level:
- Power Level: -60 db (0 db = 1 mW per 10 microbars)
- Open Circuit Voltage: -77db (0 db = 1 volt per microbar)
- Impedance: Low (500 ohms Nominal)
- Phasing: Positive Presure on Diaphragm generates a positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3
- Shock Monting System: I.N.R. (Impact Noise Rejection - proprietary rubber compound)
- Grill Screen: Woven Flex-Form (hardend steel)
- Case: Die Cast Zinc Alloy
- Finish: Durable Textured Urethane Gunmetal Black
- Net Weight: 269 grams (9.5 oz)