Behringer S16 DIGITAL SNAKE I/O Box with 16 R/C Mic Line Inputs AES50 Networking
- Brand: Behringer
- SKU: S16
I/O Box with 16 Remote-Controllable MIDAS Preamps, 8 Outputs and AES50 Networking featuring KLARK TEKNIK SuperMac Technology
- 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 8 analogue, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports featuring KLARK TEKNIK’s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER's P16 personal monitoring system
- Digital audio and control connectivity for TURBOSOUND speaker systems with ULTRANET networking capability
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading additional S16, SD16 or SD8 stageboxes—no merger or router required
- Precise LED metering plus 7-segment displays for signal control on stage
- Dual ADAT outputs providing 16-channel digital output on two optical TOSLINK* connectors
- Phones output assignable to any of the inputs/outputs for on-stage monitoring
- MIDI In/Out for bi-directional communication between BEHRINGER X32 Series console and on-stage MIDI devices
- Remote operation via shielded CAT5e cable up to 330 ft / 100 m length
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- "Built like a tank" yet compact, all-steel 2U rack-mount chassis
DIGITAL SNAKE S16
Digital mixing has revolutionized virtually everything in the live-entertainment production workflow. Now Behringer has come up with the perfect solution for connecting the onstage talent with your Front of House (FOH) console, and the rest of the world – the ultra-cool and ultra-affordable S16 Digital Snake! The S16 provides 16 MIDAS-designed remote-controllable mic preamps, plus 8 balanced analog XLR returns at the stage end – and all it takes is a single Cat 5e cable. While KLARK TEKNIK, the industry-leader in high-end digital audio processing, invented the SuperMAC technology that made it all possible – our superb scale of production makes the S16 so very aff ordable.
MIDAS - The Legend in Sound Quality
Ever since its formation in the 1970s, MIDAS has had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. Employed by the most famous touring acts and installations world-wide, legendary MIDAS consoles such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000 quickly became industry standards. MIDAS has earned their impeccable reputation due to their no-compromise approach for audio and build quality and in particular for their Award-winning Mic Preamps which are considered by industry experts as the industry’s best sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of Award-winning audio quality. BEHRINGER is proud to incorporate a MIDAS designed mic preamp for the ultimate in high-quality audio reproduction in both live and studio environments. Find out more about MIDAS’ amazing legacy by visiting their extensive website.
When used as part of a complete X32 system, two S16 Stage Boxes can be cascaded via the built-in AES50 ports, providing connectivity for up to 32 mic/line inputs, 16 balanced outputs and the awesome POWERPLAY P-16 Personal Monitoring System – which can feed up to 48 individual monitor mixers. Behringer also included 2 optical ADAT sockets for connecting channels 1 - 8 and 9 - 16 to outboard devices, a convenient USB port for system updates via your PC – and MIDI I/O for lighting systems and sound module control.
Standalone Snake Mode
The S16 was initially designed with Behringer's flagship X32 Digital Mixing Console in mind, but any mixing board with AES50 networking capability can still tap into the S16’s powerful feature set. So even if the gig calls for an analog board, you can quickly assemble a couple of S16s and ADA8200s to create a high-performance, lightweight 16 x 16 digital snake – with full remote preamp control.
Remotely Controllable Preamps Make Setup a Breeze
S16’s ingenious monitoring/head amp control section allows you to select any of the 16 inputs, 8 bus outputs or P-16 output streams for immediate line checks. In addition to signal metering at the stage box, you can also set individual input channel Gain, apply +48 V phantom power – and listen directly to the input signal via headphones and much more. Once set, all configuration settings can be locked at the console for total system security.