Gretsch G6122T-62 Vintage Select '62 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman Ser#JT19051881
- Brand: Gretsch
- SKU: 240-1235-892
You are looking at serial number JT19051881.
Weight: 8.35 lbs
The G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman Hollow Body with Bigsby has the unmistakable sound and style that marked the beginning of a musical invasion. Sonically, this guitar is ready to tear it up with flexible tone that fits any musical situation.
A pair of TV Jones Classic pickups responds to every pick stroke or strum with refined, articulate tone. Traditional Gretsch controls—including per-pickup volume controls, master volume, a three-way tone switch—allow you to create countless tonal variations for a personalized tone. The new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors deliver silky vintage high end. The standard “U”-shaped maple neck bears a 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 frets and zero-fret for a memorable playing experience that works with any style. The sealed body with simulated F-holes minimizes feedback while providing for authentically vintage tone. A pinned “rocking” bar bridge reacts in concert with the Bigsby B6GVT vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning while the bone nut lets the strings slide freely without binding in the slots.
A true rock ‘n’ roll classic, this guitar features the appointments that made this guitar a legend—dual foam string mutes with red felt surrounds, standby switch, laminated 3-ply maple top, gold G-arrow control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, gloss urethane finish, aged pearloid thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and gold Grover Imperial tuning machines. A distinguished instrument from the earliest days of the British Invasion, the G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman Hollow Body with Bigsby is the guitar that laid down the foundation of rock as we know it.
- Series: Gretsch Professional Collection
- Country Of Origin: JP
- Body: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Country Gentleman
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Vintage Small
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnail
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones Filter'Tron Classic
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones Filter'Tron Classic
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Rocking Bar with Pinned Ebony Base
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Tuning Machines: Grover Imperial Die-Cast
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Included Accessories: 099-6413-000 Deluxe Case - G6242L - 17" Hollow Body Models