TAMA HPDS1TW Dyna Sync double pedal
- Brand: Tama
- SKU: HPDS1TW
At TAMA, thier tireless product team has immersed their activity in direct drive bass drum pedals. Direct drive pedals provide a unique benefit - immediate energy conversion and accelerated beater movement. However, thier product team realized the opportunity to design a direct drive pedal with perfect balance and alignment of three critical performance elements: Power–Speed–Feel. They identified three critical design components: The direct drive linkage, the drive cam, and the drive/footboard connection angle. They worked closely with a stylistically diverse group of TAMA artists to further our understanding of what high-level players want and need from a direct drive pedal. The back-and-forth product team/artist dialog allowed us to master subtle mechanical relationships and angle alignments. This ultimately revealed a design method to overcome feel and power challenges we feel are inherent to some other direct drive pedals. They named this mechanical design the Dynamic Synchronization System.TAMA’s Dyna-Sync pedal defines a new power-speed-feel balance in a direct drive pedal and shatters direct drive pedal assumptions
- Optimized Transmission Design:
- By precisely positioning and aligning the contact point transmission angles between the cam, direct link and footboard, we achieved the perfect overall balance of power-speed-feel.
- Dual Linkage:
- To convert rotational motion force from footboard to cam, we developed a sturdy double-link cam connection system that holds the rotation axis bearings equally from both sides. This produces almost perfect energy transfer from the footboard-to-cam and creates phenomenal reaction speed and power.
- Slidable Cam:
- The upper cam section slides back and forth in a "non-step" action to adjust the cam-turning radius. A larger turning radius provides for a more linear motion between footboard and beater and results in a high-degree of sensitivity for nuanced performance. The smaller turning radius results in a more dynamic (non-linear) motion. The Slidable Cam promotes a highly personalized and "connected" feel tailored to widely diverse playing styles.
- Footboard Angle Adjustment:
- Drummers have come to recognize and appreciate independent bass drum footboard angle adjustment as an important function to help customize a personal feel. This inspired us to focus on the Dyna-Sync design and create a completely new and unique footboard angle adjustment. The Dyna-Sync footboard angle design integrates into the clam-shaped connection point between linkage and footboard and is fully adjustable to deliver a totally personalized pedal angle adjustment
- The Sync-Coil is a 1.5x heavier gauge steel spring compared to our established Cobra Coil. The Sync-Coil assists the return of the footboard to the original position to provide an extra element of quickness to the pedal and slides on the bass plate so drummers can customize their own level of pedal return assistance.
- Dyna Beater:
- Featuring black felt and a slightly tapered shape, this traditional style beater provides impact to the bass drum head surface evenly to maximize clear, dynamic articulation.
- Hinge Guard Block:
- We've changed the construction of the Bearing Hinge on the footplate from a one-piece assembly to two pieces, which holds the bearing more evenly - minimizing stress, and maximizing smoothness, while adding to the pedal's sense of power.
- Swivel Spring Tight:
- The conventional approach to the spring assembly (including previous Iron Cobra Pedals) has been to anchor the bottom of the spring while the top of the spring is being pulled from various angles throughout the pedal's cycle. But a spring being pulled on at an angle represents wasted energy and causes turbulence. The Swivel Spring Tight assembly solves this problem, recapturing that lost energy and optimizing smoothness through the use of a contoured assembly that allows the base to swivel freely with the spring. This enables a straight spring pull during the pedal's entire cycle, resulting in the smoothest, lightest action ever found on a bass drum pedal.
- TAMA eliminated another source of friction by replacing the traditional nylon rocker cam with the Speedo-Ring, a rocker cam with a high quality built-in ball bearing rocker. The Quick-Hook not only allows for easy set up and tear down but provides a compact pedal that you can place in the hard case without taking off the beater.
- Para-Clamp II Pro:
- TAMA now introduces Para-Clamp II -an even more clever and useful version of the popular original. The Para-Clamp II is capable of gripping the widest variety of bass drum hoops ever. The improvement is largely due to its newly designed three-dimensional rubber grip. Holding power is increased and the possibility of scratching the hoop is eliminated. Furthermore, set-up and breakdown are easily facilitated, while sitting on a throne because the T-bolt of the Para-Clamp II Pro is on the side of the footboard, rather than under it.
- Oiles Bearing Hinge:
- "Offering even less friction than standard ball bearing, Oiles bearings also eliminate side-to-side motion and provide superior durability (which is why they're used in the aerospace industry).