Zildjian AA16HPR 16 Inch A Avedis Hi Hat Cymbal Set Pair
- Brand: Zildjian
- SKU: AA16HPR
Pre-Order (Out / More On Order)
A Zildjian’ cymbals began with Avedis Zildjian III. Popular music of the 1930s-1970s demanded cymbals of extreme versatility: dynamic and controllable HiHats, clean and cutting Crashes, thrilling and rich Rides, all with a looser feel and immense musicality. It was these cymbals, crafted by Avedis Zildjian III in the mid-20th century that helped compose the beat of an era that changed music forever. These unique sounds were instrumental in driving music into a period that not only shaped popular culture, but transformed the way we hear music. Zildjian ‘A Avedis’ cymbals are a vintage recreation of that timeless sound and feel.
With broader weight variations among each model, selecting an "A Avedis" cymbal is a personal experience. While you search for the cymbal that "speaks to you", you can stay true to that one-of-a-kind sought-after vintage sound. "A Avedis" cymbals have a sound that distinguishes it from every other Zildjian cymbal, complex yet familiar with a great balance of bright and dark overtones. Its timeless individual "aged" patina, classy and understated "Avedis" logo, and gram weight of the cymbal handwritten underneath the bell all complete the package.
- Thinner, looser, played-in feel with immense musicality
- Controlled response at all dynamic levels
- Variation in weight between models – allows you to seek and pick out your unique sound
- Gram weights written underneath bell of every cymbal
- Vintage style lathing – allows a smooth response with great feel
- Vintage patina finish adds a touch of warmth to the sound and gives the appearance of a decades old cymbal
- Small reproduction "Avedis" signature logo taken from his 1939 U.S.A. passport
- Weight: Thin top (1,190 - 1,247 grams), Medium bottom (1,531 - 1,644 grams)
- Made in U.S.A.